Land ownership and maintenance information
BERINSFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
Tel : 01869 354135
Email : Clerk@berinsfield-pc.gov.uk
Website : www.Berinsfield-pc.gov.uk
All enquiries regarding land or facilities in the ownership of Berinsfield Parish Council should be made to the Clerk of the Council on 01869 354135
or email Clerk@berinsfield-pc.gov.uk
Land owned or leased and maintained by Berinsfield Parish Council :-
· Recreation ground, Lay Avenue
· Open Space, top of Lay Avenue
· Open Space Glyme Drive, opposite Corrigan Gym
· Spinney area between A 4074 and Fane Drive, Shadwell Road, Bullingdon Avenue
· War Memorial and the open space around it
· Small half moon shaped open space areas in Kennet Close
· Triangular shaped area of grass between Kennet Close flats and Burcot Lane
· Small rectangular area with shrubs on it located adjacent to Burcot Lane between the path at the side of the school and the houses in Kennet Close.
· All trees located on the above area of land are the responsibility of the Parish Council
Green Lane (Bridleway from Burcot Lane to Dorchester by pass. The Parish Council arrange for the grass to be cut in Green Lane, but is not responsible for the shrubbery either side of the path. This is normally maintained by Oxfordshire County Council once a year.
Facilities in the village owned and maintained by Berinsfield Parish Council :-
· Burial Ground
· Play equipment in the play area on the recreation ground
· Play equipment in the play area in Lay Avenue
· Skateboard park
· Allotment site
· All litter bins on the recreation ground - these have black plastic sacks in them and dog litter SHOULD NOT be put in them. The litter bins owned by the Parish Council are emptied by the Parish Council’s contractors and any complaints should be directed to the Clerk, details given above.
· All dog litter bins on the recreation ground and also in the following locations :-
Glyme Drive open space
On the long open space between Corrigan Gym and Burcot Lane
Entrance to the Roman Road to the north of the village
Adjacent to small rectangular open space adjacent to Burcot Lane
All dog litter bins are emptied by specialist contractors and any complaints should be directed to the Clerk to the Parish Council or by using the contact details given on the bins.
All planters in the village located at :-
Entrance to the village, Wimblestraw Road
At junction of Fane Drive and Burcot Lane
Outside shops Fane Drive/Chiltern Close
Outside Burial Ground
Russell Jackson Close
· Seats and benches
The Parish Council own all of the seats and benches on the recreation ground.
The black metal seat located outside the Health Centre is owned and maintained by the Parish Council
Bus Shelters owned and maintained by Berinsfield Parish Council
· All dark blue bus shelters located around Fane Drive, Berinsfield.
· Green bus shelters located on both sides of the A 4074.
· The Parish Council do not own the green bus shelters on the A 415, but do clean them.
Highway Verges in Berinsfield
Berinsfield Parish Council are responsible for arranging for the highway verges to be cut, which are the majority of the strips of land between the pavement and the road in Fane Drive.
LAND AND FACILITIES OWNED AND MAINTAINED BY
SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL IN BERINSFIELD
South Oxfordshire District Council own and maintain the following open space areas in Berinsfield :-
· The long area of open space from the Corrigan Gym to Burcot Lane
· The open space area on the corner of Fane Drive and Burcot Lane
· The green behind the Church between Wimblestraw Road and Green Furlong
· Green area by Water Tower
· Strip of land in front of houses in Wimblestraw Road.
Facilities provided and owned by South Oxfordshire District Council
· South Oxfordshire District Council own the seats and litter bins located on the green behind the Church between Wimblestraw Road and Green Furlong.
· The litter bins located in front of the shops and public house in Fane Drive and the bins located outside Health Centre and on the verge by the Church.
· The litter bins located by the bus shelters on the A 4074
The bins owned by South Oxfordshire District Council will have blue plastic sacks in them and are emptied by Biffa.
Any complaints with regard to the land in the ownership of South Oxfordshire District Council can be forwarded to the Clerk to the Parish Council who will forward them on to the relevant Department. Email : email@example.com or telephone 01235 422422
LAND OWNED AND MAINTAINED BY SOHA HOUSING IN BERINSFIELD
SOHA Housing own the majority of the small open space areas located in front and at the side of houses in the following areas :-
Church View Colne Drive
Colwell Road Ock Drive
Evenlode Drive Wey Road
Cherwell Road Lodden Avenue
Glyme Drive Berinscourt
Westcroft Crutch Furlong
Russell Jackson Close Barrington Close
Pritchard Close Roman Road
Any queries with regard to maintenance of these areas should be directed to SOHA Housing
Tel : 01235 515900 email Housing@soha.co.uk.
Abbey Woods Close
The grass cutting in Abbey Woods Close is carried out by contractors engaged by the Housing Association.
The maintenance of the area in front of the flats and houses on the left hand side as you enter Kennet Close is carried out by contractors on behalf of the management company.
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
ROADS, POTHOLES, ADOPTED PAVEMENTS ETC.
Oxfordshire County Council is the Highway Authority and is responsible for the maintenance of the roads and adopted pavements in the village. Any defects in the roads or pavements or any highway matters can be reported to Oxfordshire County Council Highways Department on Fix my Street via their website https://www.fixmystreet.com/
Oxfordshire County Council is also responsible for the bridleway (Roman Road) that runs through Berinsfield.